Friday, September 02, 2005

Losing the victory in Europe

From an article by John Dos Passos in Life magazine 7th January 1946.

Sample quotes:
Europeans. Friend and foe alike, look you accusingly in the face and tell you how bitterly they are disappointed in you as an American. They cite the evolution of the word "liberation." Before the Normandy landings it meant to be freed from the tyranny of the Nazis. Now it stands in the minds of the civilians for one thing, looting.
. . .
Never has American prestige in Europe been lower. People never tire of telling you of the ignorance and rowdy-ism of American troops, of out misunderstanding of European conditions.
. . .
We have swept away Hitlerism, but a great many Europeans feel that the cure has been worse than the disease.


I'm sure I read this on another blog a couple of days ago and I was intending to just post the link to it - however on quickly looking through my .rss reader I cannot find the relevant page. So apologies for pinching your find, i'll edit this message to include a link if needs be.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Cool blog! Do you have any ideas on where to get good stock graphics? I see so many great graphics people are posting on their blogs...

Well, anyway...

As you might know, reading blogs can be a dangerous business. One blog I visited actually opened my PC's cd-rom. Others have scripts in their pages that do all sorts of things. God knows what they put on my PC.

I use Evidence Eliminator to clean my PC of this "filth" daily. I suggest that you should too for your own privacy and for your PC's safety.

I admit it, I sell Evidence Eliminator. I usually sell it for ten percent off. But because you are reading my comment (thank you), I want to give you half off. Just send me an email at info(at)evidence-eliminator-info.com and I'll reply with a special URL where you can get half off.

If you search for free evidence eliminator in the search engines, you may find other sites like my free evidence eliminator site. But you won't get this special offer (smile).

Well, send me an email anytime, and let me just say you've got a great blog!
 
Comeback tour
Freelance writer Lisa Dickey is traveling the length of Russia from Vladivostok to St.
gigi brazilian wax Resources and Information
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?